I’m in the process of updating the website and repairing broken images and updating. Hope to have completed in very near future. Check back soon.
After many hours of looking, thinking, looking and thinking some more, I’ve decided to cut the entire floor out and replace in one piece. Here are several pics of the removal of the front floor.
Just wanted to share a quick pic of this absolutely beautiful piece of art from KlassicFab. I think I may just hang it in the garage for looks. Or, maybe not…
Anyway, I decided that with the time needed to scrounge for sheet metal, cutting, fitting and welding, that it would be worth my time just to purchase the full floor. The KlassicFab driver’s side panel didn’t cover as much as I would like to replace so I opted for the full floor replacement and I’ll cut it down to what I need and use the remaining metal for other repairs. I haven’t compared to the original yet, but so far I did notice that there is a support plate on the TOP of the floor panel that is not on my original. But, all of the indentions appear to be the same at quick glance.
With recently being able to move the bus around, it’s time to get started on the front floor area replacement.
Life gets busy. And priorities change…as they should sometimes.
But finally, I have some time to devote to the bus.
Recently tried to start the bus, but it would turn over but just wouldn’t fire up. Yesterday, I drained the old gas(it’s been in there of two years with STA-BIL), and added several gallons of non-ethanol. Went to crank and it fired up, the timing was a little off but adjusted the distributor a little to get it at least running.
Pulled the distributor vent tube, plugged it and out the timing light on it to get it on the timing mark.
With her running again, it’s time to start on the leftover bodywork.
See below for a quick video on it running and how the engine compartment has turned out with a refresh.